“What’s good for the goose is good for the gander” – right? Well, in this case, it’s the Goose that’s good for both genders. If you want to impress your guests with a couple of cool cocktails this summer, here are just the recipes with which to “goose” the ones you love. Ok, I’ll stop with the goose references now. Both of these cocktails are slightly sweet, but not too sweet, and very refreshing. Here’s how to make them:
2 Parts GREY GOOSE vodka
3 Slices of cucumber
1 Tsp of sugar
2 Sprigs of fresh mint
1 Part Lemon Juice
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine 2 cucumber slices with mint and sugar and muddle.
2. Add the GREY GOOSE vodka and lemon juice and muddle well.
3. Add ice and shake well until the outside of the shaker is frosty and sweaty.
4. Strain into a chilled martini glass and float a cucumber slice on top.
The Joli Coeur
1 Part GREY GOOSE vodka
6-8 fresh green grapes
2 Parts Sauvignon Blanc (Kim Crawford is a good one)
1 ½ Parts Elderflower Syrup (I like to use only ½, because otherwise I find it too sweet)
½ Parts Fresh Lemon Juice
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients, muddle and add ice cubes.
2. Shake vigorously and double strain into a chilled martini glass.
3. Garnish with a few grapes on a cocktail pick.